Applicants Sought For Joseph R. Every Scholarship
WELLSBORO, PA. – Citizens & Northern is pleased to invite high school seniors pursuing studies in medicine, education or engineering to apply for a scholarship offered through the Joseph R. Every Scholarship Fund. Applicants are sought for the 2018 fall semester and should consider the following before submitting their application:
- Completed applications are due to the student’s high school guidance office by Friday, March 23, 2018 or to a Citizens & Northern Bank branch office by Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
- Applicants must be a high school senior or graduate of a public or non-public high school in Bradford or Tioga County, PA or Chemung County, NY.
- Applicants must be accepted to an accredited college, university or professional school in a program leading to a degree in education or medicine, including medical research for human diseases. If too few students apply with those majors, preference will be given to students who express an interest in the fields of civil, mechanical, electrical or metallurgical engineering, or any other field that would improve society.
- Applicants must have a current cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. Consideration will be given to average students with ambition and the potential to contribute positively to society.
- Applicants must not smoke tobacco or use illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages.
The scholarship award will be for the first year of higher education only and will be in an amount determined by the Selection Committee. A maximum award of $10,000 may be made. Funds may be used to help pay for tuition, books and room and board. Payments from the trust will be made directly to the university or college the recipient attends.
The Joseph R. Every Scholarship Fund was created under the Last Will and Testament of Joseph R. Every. Citizens & Northern’s Trust and Financial Management Group serves as Trustee of the Fund.
Students interested in more information may contact Citizens & Northern Bank’s Trust and Financial Management Group at 888-987-8784, visit the C&N website at www.cnbankpa.com (Go to the About section, Community Matters and click on Scholarships and Grants) or contact their high school guidance counselors.
The C&N Trust and Financial Management Group, a division of Citizens & Northern Bank, maintains offices in Wellsboro, Sayre, Towanda, Williamsport, Coudersport and Canisteo. The division, founded in 1960, provides a wide range of investment, trust and retirement plan services to individuals and organizations.